Preventing disease is as important as curing disease. In fact, it's the most important factor in maintaining your pet's health. The old adage, "an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure", is as true with pets as it is with us. With proper vaccinations, spaying, neutering, parasite prevention, lab testing and dental care, we can eliminate diseases that used to end pets' lives way too early. Coupled with daily exercise and quality diets, we can improve and prolong the lives of pets and have them thrive into the future as never before!
Experts in the fields of animal health and veterinary medicine agree; widespread use vaccinations within the last century have significantly reduced the occurrences and proliferation of potentially life threatening diseases.
5 Reasons to Vaccinate Your Pet*
1. Vaccinations prevent many pet illnesses.
2. Vaccinations can help avoid costly treatments for diseases that can be prevented.
3. Vaccinations prevent diseases that can be passed not only from animal to animal but also from animal to human.
4. Diseases prevalent in wildlife, such as rabies and distemper, can infect unvaccinated pets.
5. Many areas, local or state ordinances require certain vaccinations of household pets.Many areas, local or state ordinances require certain vaccinations of household pets.
“Core” vaccines are recommended for most pets in a particular area or geographical location because they protect from diseases most common in that area. They are also required by our hospital in order for your pet to be boarded or groomed.
Talk with Dr. Peterson about your pet’s lifestyle, including any expected travel to other geographical locations and/or contact with other animals, since these factors impact your pet’s risk of exposure to certain diseases.*www.AVMA.com
Fleas and Ticks
Fleas and ticks are not just a nuance, they are health concern. Fleas infestations can cause anemia and be difficult and expensive to get rid of. Ticks are capable of spreading serious infectious diseases. Luckily, preventing infestations is easy. Cedar Creek Pet Hospital carries an number of products designed to keep fleas and ticks off your pet and out of your house. With VetSource; our online pharmacy, you can have them shipped direct to your door.